The Fracture Liaison Services (FLS) at the National Taiwan University Hospital Main Hospital (MH) and Beihu Branch (BB) in Taiwan has been specifically designed to follow the 13 Capture the Fracture best practice standards. Two dedicated coordinators proactively identify, evaluate, and follow cases. Features include:
- Shared assessment protocol between two hospitals with single database
- Supported by administrations from both hospitals with collaborations from orthopedics, internal medicine, geriatrics, and family medicine.
- Superintendent of BB is the lead physician of that service.
- Success of the MH programme is considered a key performance indicator of hospital wide balance score card.
- Satisfactory assessments and medication administration rate:
There is sufficient funding for two years provided by the hospital administration and a philanthropist donation. The FLS service has been accredited as Gold (MH) and Silver (BB) level from the Capture the Fracture Best Practice Recognition programme.